WASHINGTON (CNN/WTRF) – Several memorials, including the World War II Memorial and Lincoln Memorial, were vandalized over the weekend during protests that raged the nation’s capital.
Protests slowly turned violent, which led to dozens of arrests and briefly sent President Trump to the White House bunker for shelter, according to national sources.
Mayor Muriel Bowser has called for demonstrators to remain peaceful after consecutive nights of looting and unrest.
- Judge: Women can get abortion pill without doctor visits
- Body found at Lake Piru, where officials believe actress Naya Rivera drowned
- Fairs, festivals, outdoor concerts canceled again for groups over 25 or more
- SEC Continuing to Mull Options as Conference-Only Schedule May be End Result
- Gov. Justice closes bars in Monongalia County for 10 days