(WTRF) — The Supreme Court of Appeals has ordered Ohio County Magistrate Janine Lea Varner suspended without pay.
The Court of Appeals believes that Varner has engaged or is currently engaging in serious violation of the Code of Judicial Conduct.
Varner will also be prohibited from hearing any further civil or criminal matter or perform any other judicial functions during the disciplinary matter.
Varner can request a hearing on the issue of her suspension and has thirty days to do so.
7News will continue to update this story.
- ‘Back the Blue’ rally takes place in southern WVa; counter-protesters rally
- Virus spread, not politics should guide schools, doctors say
- 14-year-old girl reported missing in Jefferson County
- Tucker Carlson writer resigns after racist posts revealed
- Police execute search warrant at home of gun-toting couple