ST. CLAIRSVILLE, Ohio (WTRF) – Christian Hill was sentenced to life in prison with parole eligibility of parole after 25 years.
The Belmont County man was given his sentence Friday by Judge Frank Fregiato.
Before the sentencing, Hill declined to speak on his own behalf.
Judge Frank Fregiato then read a statement from the victim.
He threatened to hurt people. He hit my dog and screamed at him. He had friends that would do anything for him — that’s what he supposedly said to the victim. Scared to go home from school every day. He would also put his hands around my neck to choke me if I said no.Judge Frank Fregiato, reading victim’s statement
The victim’s mother also says that Hill forced her daughter to take pregnancy tests.
A jury found Hill guilty last week of raping a 12-year-old girl in her home.
Judge Frank Fregiato says he only wished the sentence could have been longer.
Let it be known that the children in Belmont County, Ohio, will be protected. Thank you. Take this defendant to prison as soon as possible. Thank you.Judge Frank Fregiato of Belmont County Common Pleas Court
Hill was sentenced to life in prison for the same crime in March but won an appeal and had a re-trial.
- Dr. Fauci warns U.S. could see over 100,000 coronavirus-related deaths
- Checkpoints set up along Florida-Alabama border to keep COVID-19 from spreading in the sunshine state
- Ohio couple gets married via live stream after canceling wedding due to coronavirus
- WV DNR offers education on Eastern Box Turtles
- Trump working with Ohio gov. to get FDA approval on expansion of mask sterilization technology