HOCKING COUNTY, Ohio (WCMH) — Jaden Churchheus has pleaded guilty to involuntary manslaughter for the death of Victoria Schafer on Sept. 2, 2019.
Schafer, a 44-year-old Chillicothe photographer, was was struck and killed by a tree while she was near Old Man’s Cave on Sept. 2.
Churchheus and another teen, 16-year-old Jordan Buckley, were accused of pushing a section of a six-foot tree off a cliff at Hocking Hills on Labor Day in 2019.
Churchheus has been sentenced to a minimum of three years and a maximum of four and a half years for murder. The sentence was stayed and the case transferred to juvenile court for formal sentencing.
Time served has not yet been calculated.
Buckley remains in custody and awaits trial.
- Wheeling Wine Festival Coming This Summer
- Man accused of cutting out dog’s heart in ritual to clear demons from home
- No evidence Capitol rioters belong to antifa movement, FBI chief Wray testifies
- With rising stakes, No. 6 Mountaineers finally get shot at No. 3 Baylor
- ODH signs orders allowing 25% indoor capacity, 30% outdoor capacity at sports, entertainment venues