(CNN) — “No bunny knows Easter better than Cadbury,” and “Lieutenant Dan” the dog hopes to be the 2020 face of that famous mammal.
Cadbury issued a casting call for all pets, not just bunnies, and now they are down to 10 finalists.
The New Richmond, Ohio coonhound, is named after the character in Forrest Gump, who lost his legs in combat.
His owner says Lieutenant Dan was born a little different, but he still lives his life to the fullest.
Interestingly, none of the finalists are actual rabbits.
Besides Lieutenant Dan, there’s a mini-horse, a pig, a llama, hamster, duck and two cats.
The popular Easter candy brand started the promotion 30 years ago with a commercial about a clucking bunny.
Fans have the chance to vote on Cadbury’s website.
Besides being the star of a new TV commercials, the winner gets $5,000.
- Lots of clouds for Thanksgiving
- CORONAVIRUS IN WV: Marshall County announces 2 new deaths, 13 positive, 10 probable cases
- Holiday travel decreases, safety precautions increase at Pittsburgh International Airport
- Wheeling Hospital off-site COVID testing center closed until Saturday
- Why do we eat this? Origin stories behind 3 notorious Thanksgiving sides