COLUMBUS, Ohio (AP) – Ohio health officials say flu hospitalizations reached their highest number for the 2019-2020 season.
The Ohio Department of Health said Friday 832 people were hospitalized between Jan. 26 and Feb. 1, a 36% percent increase from the previous week. Health Director Dr. Amy Acton says the spike in hospitalizations is “deeply concerning.”
Health officials say an 11-year-old girl from Lake County earlier this week became the state’s second pediatric flu death this season.
A 16-year-old girl from Cuyahoga County was the first. The state doesn’t track adult flu-related deaths.
There have been nearly 4,500 flu-related hospitalizations in Ohio this season.
- Roblox plans to address sexual content on youth gaming platform
- Freeze Watch Early Thursday Morning For The Ohio Valley
- WATCH LIVE The Verdict Of Derek Chauvin: George Floyd Case Live Stream
- Ohio Police arrest man trespassing, claiming to be an angel ridding the house of demons
- Alarmed By ‘Tiger King,’ Bill Made To Ban Owning Big Cats