BEREA, Ohio (WJW) — A student at Berea-Midpark High School in Ohio passed away unexpectedly on Tuesday following complications from the flu.
Kaylee Roberts, 16, was hospitalized last week with flu-like symptoms, her uncle said. She returned to the hospital with complications, including pneumonia, and suffered a stroke.
The Cuyahoga County Board of Health said it was not notified of a flu-related death, but officials will provide more information Thursday afternoon.
Roberts was a junior at the high school. Her family described her as kind, hardworking and intelligent girl, who cared deeply about animals, family and friends.
- Emily’s Tuesday a.m. forecast
- Summer-like temperatures this week
- Dr. Dave Walker’s Late Night Forecast
- Federal benefits for veterans, family members, and widows
- Lightning strikes tree, ran into by motorcyclist in Kanawha County