WARREN, Ohio (WKBN) – A man accused of abusing his girlfriend’s 7-day-old daughter in Warren pleaded not guilty during his arraignment Tuesday morning.
Andrew Jacobs is charged with two counts of felonious assault and two counts of endangering children.
Police say it stems from an investigation into injuries discovered on the newborn.
Prosecutors say the baby had brain bleeds, a broken clavicle, retinal hemorrhaging and showed signs of blunt force trauma to the liver.
Jacobs is not the baby’s father.
The mother, Kathleen Long, is also facing child endangering charges. Prosecutors say she allowed Jacobs to repeatedly abuse the newborn over a three-day period.
Jacobs’ $250,000 bond was continued and he was ordered not to have contact with the victim.
He will be back in court for pretrial Oct. 14.
- The Monday blues or gray skies for the last Monday of Oct
- Aaron’s Late Night Update
- Coal giant Robert Murray dies at age 80, days after announcing retirement
- Black and Gold Today Fan of the Week 10/25- Michelle White
- Lights are back on at The Strand Theatre after going dark for 8 months