CLEVELAND, Ohio (AP) — Authorities say a pregnant Ohio woman was struck by multiple gunshots that claimed the life of her unborn child after a vigil for another Cleveland homicide victim.
Cleveland police say the 19-year-old woman was parked in the Woodland Hills neighborhood talking with another female after the vigil when a vehicle approached at about 1 a.m.
Friday and shots were fired.
She was rushed to a hospital but her unborn female child was pronounced dead.
The woman’s condition wasn’t immediately available.
Police said her vehicle had damage from about 20 bullets.
No arrests were reported.
Anyone with information was asked to call Cleveland police.
- NASA administrator says space missions on track despite COVID-19
- Dr. Dave Walker’s Late Night Forecast
- CA House Band Of The Week: The John Marshall Monarchs
- SCOTUS nominee meets with more GOP lawmakers on Capitol Hill as Democrats decline meetings
- Head coaches Aranda, Brown share mutual respect