COLUMBUS, Ohio (AP) – The Ohio health department is ordering that any cases of the dangerous new virus from China be reported to the state immediately.
So far, there have been just two U.S. patients diagnosed and none in Ohio.
The state’s health director issued the directive Friday and says she wants to make sure Ohio’s public health system is prepared.
The Centers for Disease Control and Prevention is expecting more Americans to be diagnosed with the newly discovered virus in coming days.
- Ohio woman arrested after DUI crash in Ohio County
- Ohio woman reportedly tased and arrested by an officer for not wearing a mask at football game
- Newsfeed Now: Protests across America: Battle over SCOTUS vacancy heats up
- Utility worker identified, killed in crash while helping restore power in Sally aftermath
- Coronavirus In West Virginia: DHHR confirms 6 new COVID-19 related deaths; 202 positive cases