Ohio school board member overdoses on fentanyl

Ohio Headlines
drug overdose

Police in Ohio said a city school board member overdosed on fentanyl.

According to The Akron Beacon Journal, on Friday police responded to a call about a man in a parking lot Thursday night when they discovered John Otterman unconscious in a car.

Authorities said police found marijuana and a white substance that tested positive for fentanyl in the possession of the 57-year-old Akron Public Schools board member.

First responders administered naloxone to Otterman and transported him to a hospital.

Police said Otterman told them the drugs were his.

Court records show Otterman is charged with a misdemeanor drug abuse marijuana charge.

He wasn’t charged for possessing fentanyl.

Under Ohio’s Good Samaritan Law, people who overdose up to two times are offered immunity.

Otterman remained hospitalized and wasn’t available for comment.

Copyright 2018 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.

Copyright 2021 Nexstar Inc. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.

video

More Video

Don't Miss

Trending Stories

More Top News

WTRF 7News Twitter