A judge imposed the sentence Monday after 29-year-old Lillian Cottrell, of Canton, pleaded guilty to child endangerment.
Her 30-year-old boyfriend, Derek Mayle, of Canton, faces the same charge and is scheduled to stand trial in March.
Stark County prosecutors have said the couple tortured the girl over the course of seven months last year and kept her padlocked in the cage at times as punishment.
When she was removed from the home by child welfare officials, she weighed 28 pounds.
- Horned, shirtless Capitol rioter wants pardon from Trump
- Wheeling man admits to firearms charge
- VP Pence arrives in Charleston for Brig. Gen. Yeager memorial service
- WV honors Brig. Gen. Chuck Yeager with memorial service
- Kysre’s emotional performance and a pause for WVU men’s hoops: Here’s what’s coming up on The Bob Huggins Show