COLUMBUS, Ohio (WTRF) – Ohioans listen up, it’s time to start getting things ready to get REAL ID.
It is the federally compliant state ID card, which is required by the REAL ID Act.
It is required to travel domestically, enter any federal building or military installation.
But most importantly, it keeps your identity safer.
To get the REAL ID Ohioans need to show proof of their full legal name, date of birth, U.S. Legal presence, social security number and address.
Senators Rob Portman (R-OH) and Sherrod Brown (D-OH) even put out a reminder to get your ID taken care of sooner rather then later.
First is to plan ahead, think ahead, go to our website, make sure you have all the documents you need before you go into a BMV office. Certainly, the last thing we want is someone going into a BMV office waiting in line and not having the required documentation.Charlie Norman, Registrar of Motor Vehicles
The deadline to get REAL ID is Oct. 1.
For a look at everything you need to bring with you head on over to their website.
- Abuse survivor comes forward with story of strength
- Ohio Department of Health prohibiting school-wide use of face shields to replace masks
- Trump supporters attempt world record boat parade near Clearwater Beach
- Car strikes parked truck on Kruger Street, ends up beneath it
- Coronavirus In WV: DHHR confirms 183 new COVID-19 cases, 3 additional deaths