ELYRIA, Ohio (AP) — Authorities say a man who led police on a chase with two toddlers in his car was captured shortly after he drove into Cleveland and then tried to flee on foot.
The chase began in Elyria Tuesday afternoon, after police received reports of shots fired by a man who had driven away in a car.
Officers soon spotted the vehicle, but authorities say the driver, nineteen-year-old Dvon Clark of Garfield Heights, refused to stop.
After eventually driving into Cleveland, authorities say Clark got out of the vehicle and tried to run off on foot but was soon captured.
The toddlers, ages 1 and 2, were not injured.
- Three Maps: A variety of colors in West Virginia
- Wheeling Firefighters Local 12 honor fallen firefighters
- Wetzel County Superintendent tests positive for COVID-19
- Nearly half of Ohio counties are now red under coronavirus advisory map
- WVU men’s hoops tabbed third in Big 12 preseason poll