LOGAN, Ohio (WCMH) — A second teenager has pleaded guilty to involuntary manslaughter in the death of a photographer at Hocking Hills State Park in 2019.
Jordan Buckley, 16, of Logan, accepted a similar plea agreement to Jaden Churchheus, 17, in the death of 44-year-old Chillicothe photographer Victoria Schafer. She was struck and killed by a log rolled off a cliff near Old Man’s Cave on Sept. 2, 2019, while shooting senior portraits.
Hocking County Common Pleas Judge John Wallace sentenced Buckley to a minimum of three years and a maximum of four and a half years. The sentence was stayed and the case transferred to juvenile court, where the sentence be reconsidered.
- Saturday DHHR County Alert Map will decide Trick or Treat in Marshall County
- COVID-19 outbreak in one nursing home is “alarming” to health department officials
- Wheeling police seeking information on destruction of property case
- Daylight saving: Here’s when you need to set your clocks back
- Judge Judy to move her gavel to streaming service IMDb TV