STRUTHERS, Ohio (WKBN) – A man who police say is connected to a shooting in Ohio that killed a 4 year old and hurt four others turned himself into police Monday evening.
Struthers Police Chief Tim Roddy said 24-year-old Kimonie Bryant turned himself in to authorities at about 7:30 p.m.
Bryant was taken into custody at the federal building in downtown Youngstown on aggravated murder charges. He is in the Mahoning County Jail with no bond.
The 4-year-old child, Rowan Sweeney, died at the scene.
The adults victims are:
- Andre Stephon McCoy, Jr., 20, of Youngstown
- Yarnell Green Jr., 30, of Youngstown
- Cassandra Marsicola, 20, of Campbell
- Alexis Schneider, 22, of Struthers
“Whoever did this, man, just turn yourself in. Just be a man, dude. Just be a man. You’re sick. You’re just sick. You took my son from me. This is my baby boy. You took him because you’re sick. You can live with that for the rest of your life, but this is my baby,” Sweeney said.
During an earlier press conference Monday, Roddy said one of the men was shot in the head twice and is in critical condition at St. Elizabeth Health Center. The other man, who was shot in the back twice, is “close to critical condition.” The women, who were shot in the leg and hip areas, are in stable condition.
The boy died in his mother’s arms, police said.
Roddy said local, state and federal authorities all played a critical role in the investigation and ultimate arrest of the suspect.
- Aaron’s Late Night Update
- Coal giant Robert Murray dies at age 80, days after announcing retirement
- Black and Gold Today Fan of the Week 10/25- Michelle White
- Lights are back on at The Strand Theatre after going dark for 8 months
- Locals to fill tanker truck with baby supplies, needed more than ever