COLUMBUS (WCMH) – The United States Surgeon General is scheduled to visit Columbus Saturday.
Surgeon General Vice Admiral Jerome Adams, M.D., M.P.H., will meet virtually with Gov. Mike DeWine and others involved in Ohio’s fight against the COVID-19 virus.
The meeting, which is not open to the public, will be held at 12:30 p.m. and include representative from the Ohio Department of Health, Ohio National Guard, and state and local leaders.
Ohio, as well as many other parts of the country, began administering COVID-19 vaccines this week.
Adams was part of a group of government officials including Vice President Mike Pence who received round one of the COVID-19 vaccine Friday.
The meeting will be streamed live on nbc4i.com.
- LISTEN: It ain’t West Virginia, it’s South Dakota, ‘Country Roads’ gets remade for South Dakota Gov.
- Dream Team: Olympic shot put hopeful coached by wife
- Sunday’s men’s soccer match against SIU Edwardsville canceled
- Waitress dies after shooting at Canton Bob Evans; search for suspect continues
- Woman says she drowned children to protect them