Police say an Ohio woman has been charged with child endangerment after a 2-year-old boy in her care was found wandering residential streets alone.
Jillian Jaunzemis runs a daycare from her Sandusky home and pleaded not guilty to the misdemeanor charge Tuesday.
Police responded to reports of a boy riding a plastic scooter in the middle of the street Monday morning.
They found that the boy was not wearing a jacket or shoes in 35-degree weather.
Officers determined the boy had come from Jaunzemis’ home, where she was taking care of six other children at the time.
- Brief Downpours late Wednesday
- Law against ‘encouraging’ illegal immigration under scrutiny
- Trump seeks $2.5B to stem coronavirus spread; lawmakers unsure if it’ll be enough
- Trump asks Congress for $2.5 billion to fight coronavirus
- 2 anti-abortion bills fail in US Senate