BELMONT COUNTY, Ohio (WTRF) Retired Belmont County Sheriff Tom McCort died Wednesday at his home in Morristown, at age 79.
His law enforcement career spanned 34 years.
He began as chief constable for Union Township and Morristown Police Department.
He was elected sheriff in 1984 and served for 20 years.
He was an avid reader who loved history, loved his adopted hometown of Morristown, enjoyed travel and always had a story to tell.
He leaves behind his wife, Pamela, three sons, four grandchildren and three great-grandchildren.
Arrangements are incomplete.
- Local female wrestler has big goals
- Protestors Responding to The Death of George Floyd
- Free COVID-19 Testing will be held in Wheeling on Friday and Saturday
- West Virginia politicians, organizations release statements in response to death of George Floyd
- Looters, vandals destroy entire strip mall in Southern California