PHILADELPHIA (AP) — A $5,000 reward is being offered for information leading to an arrest in north Philadelphia gunfire that critically wounded an 11-month-old boy hit four times while he was inside a car.
The reward is being offered by the Fraternal Order of Police Lodge 5 following the 8 p.m. Saturday shooting in the Hunting Park neighborhood.
Police say the baby was hit in the back of the head and in the chest as well as twice in the buttocks. Investigators say the baby’s stepmother heard shots but drove about 1.5 miles (2.4 kilometers) before realizing that the child had been hit.
An hour earlier, three men had been wounded in a triple shooting less than a mile away, but it’s unclear whether the shootings were related.
- Lady Jets win sectional title
- Lady Tigers fall in double OT in sectional title game
- Alexa’s Evening Weather Forecast
- Appalachian Outreach finds a new home in South Wheeling
- Ladies League of Marshall County makes every girl look, feel like Cinderella