PITTSBURGH (AP) — Police say two Pittsburgh officers were injured and two men were arrested after what they call “large and unruly” crowds flooded into the street on the city’s South Side.
The city’s public safety department says officers were called to the area just before 2:15 a.m. Sunday, where people had filled the street, stopping traffic in both directions and surrounding vehicles in the street.
The department says one officer was writing a traffic citation in an emergency lane when a driver drove over his left foot. He and another officer who injured his knee were taken to UPMC Mercy in stable condition.
Two men, both unidentified, were arrested before police managed to disperse the crowd just before 3 a.m. The reason for the disruption wasn’t immediately clear.
- Lady Jets win sectional title
- Lady Tigers fall in double OT in sectional title game
- Alexa’s Evening Weather Forecast
- Appalachian Outreach finds a new home in South Wheeling
- Ladies League of Marshall County makes every girl look, feel like Cinderella