HARRISBURG, Pa. (AP) – All nine House Democrats from Pennsylvania now say they will support the two articles of impeachment against President Donald Trump that were scheduled for a full House vote on Wednesday.
Freshman Rep. Chrissy Houlahan of southeastern Pennsylvania and four-term Rep. Matt Cartwright of northeastern Pennsylvania each revealed their decision Monday.
Cartwright easily won re-election in 2018 and 2016, although Trump won Cartwright’s district by nearly 10 percentage points in 2016 over Democrat Hillary Clinton.
That’s made Cartwright a target of Republicans. Clinton easily won Houlahan’s district in 2016.
All nine Republican House members from Pennsylvania have said they’ll vote against the articles.
- Protests demanding Ted Cruz’s resignation to be held at senator’s Houston office on Saturday
- Coronavirus in WV: 28 deaths and 1475 new cases
- $1,400 stimulus checks: Here’s where we stand halfway through January
- Traffic backed up on I-70 eastbound due to tractor trailer
- Biden to elevate role of science with cabinet picks