Vet Voices

Area man electrocuted after ladder touches high-voltage power line

Pennsylvania Headlines
Countdown to the 4th of July
July 04 2021 08:00 pm

CANONSBURG, PENN. (WTRF) — A 57-year-old Canonsburg, Pennsylvania man was electrocuted Saturday when the aluminum ladder he was using came in contact with a high-voltage power line according to the Washington County coroner’s office.

Joseph John Bevic was working as a handyman cleaning out gutters at a residence on Brush Run Road in Avella, Pennsylvania when he was killed, said the coroner.

Ambulance and Chair Service, the West Middletown and Avella Fire Departments and West Penn Power assisted at the scene.

The Pennsylvania State Police are investigating the incident.

Copyright 2021 Nexstar Media Inc. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.

video

More Video

Don't Miss

Trending Stories

More Top News

WTRF 7News Twitter