MUNHILL, Pa. (AP) – A former volunteer firefighter in western Pennsylvania who told investigators he set two fires because he was bored is going to prison.
A judge on Wednesday sentenced Ryan Laubham to 18 to 36 months behind bars and 7 years probation.
Laubham’s attorney had asked the court for house arrest so the 20-year-old could continue treatment and his education.
However, the judge insisted on incarceration because the December 2018 fires in Munhill could have resulted in deaths.
He had pleaded guilty to two counts of aggravated arson and related charges.
- Clouds remain with scattered showers
- Alexa’s Late Night Weather Update
- Governor, ACLU at odds over COVID-19 precautions
- Morrisey launches W.Va. Coronavirus Fraud Task Force
- Local nonprofit assisting elderly with essential needs