MUNHILL, Pa. (AP) – A former volunteer firefighter in western Pennsylvania who told investigators he set two fires because he was bored is going to prison.
A judge on Wednesday sentenced Ryan Laubham to 18 to 36 months behind bars and 7 years probation.
Laubham’s attorney had asked the court for house arrest so the 20-year-old could continue treatment and his education.
However, the judge insisted on incarceration because the December 2018 fires in Munhill could have resulted in deaths.
He had pleaded guilty to two counts of aggravated arson and related charges.
- Foggy start with dry Monday ahead
- Tonawanda community shaken after two people die in a crash involving six cars
- Linsly gets past Central in the state semifinal game
- Linsly falls in State Championship
- 2-time Daytona 500 champ Johnson ready for one final ride