Authorities in western Pennsylvania are seeking a suspect in the fatal shooting of a man who was gunned down while walking with a 5-year-old relative.
Allegheny County police say the 23-year-old pulled the boy out of the way of the gunfire Monday afternoon.
Police say the pair were walking on Winton Street in Wilkinsburg when a male exited a four-door sedan and opened fire, shooting the victim multiple times.
The victim was taken to a hospital, where he died. Two good Samaritans assisted the child, who sustained an injury when the victim yanked him out of the line of fire.
No names have been released.
- Chilly with nice dose of sunshine today
- Strong Third Quarter Lifts Park Past Oak Glen
- Shadyside’s Hendershot Athlete Of The Week
- Dr. Dave Walker’s Late Night Forecast
- Bond between puppy that can’t walk, pigeon that can’t fly at animal shelter captures hearts around the world