PITTSBURGH (AP) — A man convicted of first-degree murder in the shooting death of a Pennsylvania police officer has been sentenced to death.
A judge formally imposed the sentence on Rahmael Sal Holt during a hearing Wednesday.
The 31-year-old Harrison man also was given two consecutive sentences for weapons charges that require him to serve 10 1/2 to 27 years in prison.
Holt declined to speak during the hearing. He was convicted last November of first-degree murder in the November 2017 slaying of New Kensington officer Brian Shaw.
Two days later, the jury unanimously recommended that he get a death sentence. Holt has maintained his innocence.
- Chilly with nice dose of sunshine today
- Strong Third Quarter Lifts Park Past Oak Glen
- Shadyside’s Hendershot Athlete Of The Week
- Dr. Dave Walker’s Late Night Forecast
- Bond between puppy that can’t walk, pigeon that can’t fly at animal shelter captures hearts around the world