(AP)- Authorities have charged a Pennsylvania woman in the death of an infant at an unlicensed daycare center they say she ran at her home.
Lauren Landgrebe allegedly strapped the 11-month-old girl into a car seat on her dining room table on Aug. 27 and propped up a bottle next to her.
They say she left the child sleeping there, and the infant was unresponsive when Landgrebe returned two hours later.
An autopsy would later reveal that the child wasn’t properly secured in the car seat and had been strangled by its chest harness
.Landgrebe is charged with involuntary manslaughter, child endangerment, operating an unlicensed daycare and theft by deception.
Her attorney, Ellis Klein, called the child’s death an “a horrific, tragic accident.”
- VIDEO: Parachutist hurt when he hits downtown Ohio building
- WATCH LIVE Coronavirus In West Virginia: Gov. Justice holds a 12:00 PM news conference on COVID-19 coronavirus update
- Houses explode in Baltimore, killing 1 and trapping 1, fire union says
- White House reached out to South Dakota about adding President Trump to Rushmore
- Newsfeed Now: Unrest in Chicago; Hugging booth goes viral in Texas