(AP)- Authorities have charged a Pennsylvania woman in the death of an infant at an unlicensed daycare center they say she ran at her home.
Lauren Landgrebe allegedly strapped the 11-month-old girl into a car seat on her dining room table on Aug. 27 and propped up a bottle next to her.
They say she left the child sleeping there, and the infant was unresponsive when Landgrebe returned two hours later.
An autopsy would later reveal that the child wasn’t properly secured in the car seat and had been strangled by its chest harness
.Landgrebe is charged with involuntary manslaughter, child endangerment, operating an unlicensed daycare and theft by deception.
Her attorney, Ellis Klein, called the child’s death an “a horrific, tragic accident.”
- #KeysToTheGame: Breece Hall will put WVU’s defense to the test
- Coronavirus in Ohio Friday update: DeWine schedules briefing to outline vaccine distribution plan
- 2-year-old girl dies in WV house fire, man injured
- WATCH LIVE Coronavirus In West Virginia: Gov. Justice holds an 11:00 AM press briefing on COVID-19 coronavirus update
- Hancock County moves into “red” advisory on WV County Alert Map