WESTMORELAND COUNTY, PA (WTAE) — A woman in Pennsylvania is facing an aggravated assault charge, after being accused of throwing hot coffee at a state trooper.
As Jim Madalinsky reports from Youngwood, the incident was caught on surveillance video Monday afternoon.
State police say the woman talking with troopers is 52-year-old Sonja Connors.
According to police, this all started next door at Burger King when Connors allegedly walked in and went behind the counter. That’s when police say Connors shoved the employee and walked out of the store, making her way to BFS, where police found her still holding the coffee.
After a short discussion, Connors walks away. Moments later, the coffee cup is thrown, hitting one of the troopers.
But police say no one was hurt in this incident.
Connors was taken into custody and now faces some serious charges, including aggravated assault.
Connors was not able to post bail, so she’s now locked up at the Westmoreland County Jail. She is due in court next week.
- 12-year-old girl caught on camera gambling in Australian casino
- Abuse survivor comes forward with story of strength
- Ohio Department of Health prohibiting school-wide use of face shields to replace masks
- Trump supporters attempt world record boat parade near Clearwater Beach
- Car strikes parked truck on Kruger Street, ends up beneath it