PITTSBURGH (AP) — August Wilson is going Hollywood, after a fashion.
The famed playwright from Pittsburgh will be honored with a posthumous star on the Hollywood Walk of Fame along Hollywood Boulevard and Vine Street in Los Angeles.
Wilson was among the Hollywood Walk of Fame’s 2021 honorees announced last week. With ceremonies on hold due to the coronavirus pandemic, however, even some 2020 honorees are still awaiting their Hollywood moment.
August Wilson wrote mostly about the 20th-century African-American experience from growing up in Pittsburgh’s historically black Hill District.
- Report: Trump paid $750 in federal income taxes in 2016, 2017
- Alexa’s Evening Weather Forecast
- “Walk to End Alzheimer’s” goes on even in Pandemic
- ‘Pumpkins are like people’: Ohio Valley farmer chimes in on picking the perfect one
- Over 88,000 West Virginians voting absentee so far this year