The parked car was damaged but there were no injuries reported at this time.
Police say the IED was thrown from a moving vehicle in the 3600 black of Penn Avenue and they they are also investigating a report of an explosion in the 200 block of Dinwiddle Street in the Hill District.
If you have any information, please call 412-323-7800
Stick with 7News and WTRF.com for updates.
- ‘It’s no longer a political party. It’s a cult’: Former lawmaker leaves Republican party
- Horned, shirtless Capitol rioter wants pardon from Trump
- Wheeling man admits to firearms charge
- VP Pence arrives in Charleston for Brig. Gen. Yeager memorial service
- WATCH: WV honors Brig. Gen. Chuck Yeager with memorial service