ALTOONA, PA (AP) — Authorities say a Pennsylvania man repeatedly stabbed his mother after she sent him a text message telling him to grow up and get a job.
Twenty-three-year-old Tavin McCullough faces attempted homicide and other counts stemming from Sunday’s attack at his mother’s home in Altoona.
It wasn’t known Monday if he has retained an attorney.
WTAJ reports that police went to the home around 6 a.m. and found the victim, who had been stabbed at least nine times with a 10-inch kitchen knife in her bedroom.
The victim was stabbed in the face, chest, stomach and back and remained hospitalized Monday in critical condition, but she’s expected to recover.
- Aaron’s Late Night Update
- Coal giant Robert Murray dies at age 80, days after announcing retirement
- Black and Gold Today Fan of the Week 10/25- Michelle White
- Lights are back on at The Strand Theatre after going dark for 8 months
- Locals to fill tanker truck with baby supplies, needed more than ever