WASHINGTION (WTEN) - A survey by Pew Research Center found that Barack Obama was the greatest president in our lifetime.
A total of 44 percent of those surveyed said Obama has done the best job as president during their lifetime. Bill Clinton (33 percent) and Ronald Reagan (32 percent) rounded out the top 3.
Nineteen percent said President Trump has done the best job as U.S. president.
Pew says millennials are far more likely than older generations to name Obama as one of the best presidents in their lifetime. Older generations were more likely than younger generations to name Reagan as one of the best presidents.
Along partisan lines, 40 percent of Republicans/Leaning Republicans said that Trump was the best president compared to three percent Democrats/Leaning Democrats.
Seventy-one percent of Democrats/Leaning Democrats said Obama was the best president compared to 13 percent of Republican/Leaning Republicans.
Pew Research Center, a non-partisan think tank, interviewed nearly 2,000 adults between June 5 to 12 for the open-ended survey.
- Copyright 2018 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.
- Six-month-old baby left in car in Ohio dies
- Paraglider charged in Trump resort flight; Finns demonstrate
- One local church is ready to help families this back to school season
- Young, joyful France beats Croatia 4-2 to win 2nd World Cup