MARTINSBURG, W.Va. (WDVM)– If you were driving through Martinsburg Thursday, you might’ve seen an unusual sight; senior citizens were sliding down a slip and slide all afternoon.
Seniors at Clary Grove enjoyed the last days of the summer season by getting out and cooling off while sliding down a slip and slide. Caregivers took turns pulling seniors down the slide and many of the daring seniors said they couldn’t get enough of it.
“Absolutely awesome, I haven’t had this much fun since my kids were little,” said President Resident Council Betty Philbin. “Coming down and being able to be as goofy as I can be was awesome.”
This was Clary Grove’s first time hosting this event and they plan to do it again next year.
- Second stimulus checks: Where we stand as a new week begins
- Ohio voters can start already by requesting an absentee ballot
- Coronavirus in Ohio Monday update: 883 new cases, 4 additional deaths reported
- Most Ohio teachers don’t feel safe returning to the classroom according to survey
- More than 30 COVID-19 outbreaks at long-term care facilities