BELMONT COUNTY, Ohio (WTRF) – Convicted animal abuser Shania Wells pled not guilty to new counts of animal abuse on Wednesday.
Judge Eric Costine set her preliminary hearing for January 28 in Western Division Court.
If you remember, rescuers found one dead dog, two other starving dogs and two dead calves at her farm on Chestnut Level Road outside Belmont.
They claim the dogs had been barricaded in a boarded-up farmhouse without food or water, while Wells and her mother — Kellie Wells — lived in a mobile home next door.
7News will continue to update you on this case as new information becomes available.
- Oglebay Park Golf Club Kicks Off Season
- Sunny Saturday and Sunday
- Dr. Dave Walker’s Late Night Forecast
- Cyclones Stymie Nailers, 3-0
- Super Tuesday countdown: Texas may be a make-or-break for 2020 Democratic candidates