BELMONT COUNTY, Ohio (WTRF) – Convicted animal abuser Shania Wells pled not guilty to new counts of animal abuse on Wednesday.
Judge Eric Costine set her preliminary hearing for January 28 in Western Division Court.
If you remember, rescuers found one dead dog, two other starving dogs and two dead calves at her farm on Chestnut Level Road outside Belmont.
They claim the dogs had been barricaded in a boarded-up farmhouse without food or water, while Wells and her mother — Kellie Wells — lived in a mobile home next door.
7News will continue to update you on this case as new information becomes available.
- Scott, Graham meet with SCOTUS nominee on Capitol Hill
- Dr. Dave Walker’s Late Night Forecast
- Wheeling Park’s Heller Athlete Of The Week
- Who won the Trump-Biden debate? 6 moments that defined the night
- Fact check: A look at claims from Trump and Biden’s first debate