WASHINGTON (WNCN) — How cool do you keep your home? Does that temperature change through the seasons? What do you prefer?
Well, according to Energy Star, the federal program from the DOE and the Environmental Protection Agency, said the coolest you should keep your home is 78 degrees when you’re home.
The program lists different settings for when you’re away or working.
The Energy Star program recommends setting it at 85 degrees. When you’re sleeping, set the thermostat at 82 degrees.
According to the U.S. Department of Energy, you should keep your home at 78 degrees while you’re there. Ceiling fans are also recommended, but they note that fans cool people, not entire rooms.
- Gold-medalist Allison Schmitt seeks 4th Olympic swim berth
- Hunt family finally gets to see Chiefs back in Super Bowl
- Patrick Mahomes is the first quarterback from a Texas university to start in the Super Bowl
- Ohio police warn about ‘highly addictive substance’ hitting the streets: Girl Scout cookies
- PHOTOS: Thousands of workers preparing Miami stadium for Super Bowl