CHARLESTON (WDVM) — Kanawha County Commissioner and attorney, Ben Salango, is now adding another title to his name… Democratic Gubernatorial Candidate for West Virginia.
“We need a governor that’s going to be hands on and who’s familiar with creating jobs, creating economic impact, things of those nature so that’s why I decided to run for governor,” Salango told WDVM.
In January 2006, Salango co-founded the law firm Preston & Salango. WDVM has interviewed him for his involvement in a Berkeley County elementary school abuse case. Salango is the attorney representing a mom who accused her daughter’s teacher and aides of verbal abuse at Berkeley Heights Elementary School.
An in-depth interview with Salango on this case can be seen at this link, for WDVM’s Issues & Insiders.
Current Governor Jim Justice is planning to run for re-election in 2020, along with several other candidates.
We will update this story as more information becomes available.
- Deputies file Silver Alert request for missing woman last seen in Columbiana
- Zach’s Tuesday Morning Update
- Fall makes an appearance today with rather overcast skies
- River Pilots The Defelice Brothers Pizza Team Of The Week
- Wheeling Park Golf Wins Fourth Straight Regional Golf Title