WHEELING, W.Va. (WTRF) — Governor Jim Justice has announced ongoing efforts to keep Wheeling University around for years to come.
Although this is a first step in the process, the Governor has directed his staff to work with Wheeling University and University Chairwoman, Ginny Favede.
The Governor’s office has also spoken with Representatives of the Diocese of Wheeling-Charleston.
The Diocese has assured they have a long-term vested interest in maintaining Wheeling University for many years to come.
Stay with 7News for updates.
- Alexa’s Late Night Weather Update
- Mountain State senators sending big money to ‘Overdose Data to Action’ helping fight drug epidemic
- Wheeling copies Martinsburg drug house abatement program, hoping to cleanup town
- Annual ‘Stuff The Bus’ moves location, continuing to collect school supplies for community
- Bethany College warns returning students to pack COVID emergency bag