PARKERSBURG, W.Va. (AP) — A former principal at a West Virginia Catholic high school has filed a wrongful termination lawsuit against a diocese, alleging he was let go for reporting complaints of inappropriate contact involving a priest and for firing a football coach.
The Parkersburg News and Sentinel reported Friday that former Parkersburg Catholic High School Principal John Golebiewski filed the lawsuit against the Diocese of Wheeling-Charleston.
The suit alleges the diocese breached Golebiewski’s contract in retaliation for reporting “wrongdoing toward the children under his care,” and to prevent an investigation into allegations of child abuse.
A spokesman for the diocese said it had no comment.
- Undo’s Christmas Gala looks ahead to next summer’s Italian Festival
- Mama June says daughter Anna ‘Chickadee’ Cardwell has died at 29
- Rain event on Sunday in the Ohio Valley could be a record-setter
- Shoppers flock to retailers as Christmas countdown begins
- Issue 2 goes into effect in Ohio and one of Santa’s Elves makes a special delivery: Here’s a look back at the week’s top stories