PARKERSBURG, W.Va. (AP) — A former principal at a West Virginia Catholic high school has filed a wrongful termination lawsuit against a diocese, alleging he was let go for reporting complaints of inappropriate contact involving a priest and for firing a football coach.
The Parkersburg News and Sentinel reported Friday that former Parkersburg Catholic High School Principal John Golebiewski filed the lawsuit against the Diocese of Wheeling-Charleston.
The suit alleges the diocese breached Golebiewski’s contract in retaliation for reporting “wrongdoing toward the children under his care,” and to prevent an investigation into allegations of child abuse.
A spokesman for the diocese said it had no comment.
- COVID-19 nasal spray could be game changer, researcher says
- Trump says ‘temperature has to be brought down’ after Mar-a-Lago search
- Kourtney Kardashian, Travis Barker spotted at Ohio café
- Two Ohio firefighters injured in house explosion: ‘As soon as they walked through the door’
- Judge rules Graham must comply with Georgia grand jury subpoena