MORGANTOWN, W.Va. – Morgantown Police responded to a report of an armed man who barricaded himself inside of a vehicle in the parking lot of Ruby Memorial Hospital Thursday morning, according to a press release.
The release stated police responded to the incident at approximately 9 a.m. When police arrived on scene, they found a 30-year-old man who was reported to be in mental distress, according to the release. Police said the man was armed with a handgun in a locked vehicle.
The release stated that officers and hospital security personnel evacuated the surrounding area, and officers were able to contact the armed man and “establish a dialogue” with him. Following a discussion with the officers, the man consented to go with medical personnel for an evaluation, according to the release.
Police stated that as a result of the incident, officers seized a handgun and a rifle. Officers said there were no injuries during the incident, and no arrests are currently pending.
- Two more COVID-19 deaths confirmed in Ohio County
- Another cloudy day is on the way this Tuesday
- Dr. Dave Walker’s Late Night Forecast
- Wheeling-Ohio County Health Dept. reports two COVID-19 associated deaths and 35 additional cases
- Free food giveaway on Wed., Nov. 25 at the Marshall County Fairgrounds