There are several new pieces of information in the Hancock County WV case, but still a lot of questions.
Here’s what we learned this morning.
The first victim — the woman who was shot and killed — was the wife of the man who is now in custody.
The second new piece of information is the alleged shooter — who was stopped in the end by law enforcement officer’s gunshot — is going to recover.
They say he was shot in the neck — not in the head — he’s at Allegheny General in Pittsburgh where he is recovering from non-life threatening injuries.
He has 2 weapons in the cab of his blue and silver pick up truck.
Sheriff Ralph Fletcher says that man is linked to the two sites — where several people and a dog were injured by gunfire and flying debris.
But he is not conclusively linked to the first incident — the shooting that left the wife dead.
They are not labeling this as domestic — at least at this point.
They say it was definitely an active shooter incident.
Wtrf.com will have continuing coverage of this story.
- Garrett Greene impresses in Saturday’s scrimmage
- Mountaineer duo named to Hampshire Honor Society
- WVU rowing travels for Sunday race at Robert Morris
- Kluska’s game-winning RBI in bottom of the ninth gives Mountaineers thrilling win over No. 7 Red Raiders
- Hundreds of superheroes spotted at The Highlands for 5K