CHARLESTON, W.Va. (WTRF)- According to West Virginia State Senator, William Ihlenfeld, West Virginia Delegate, Derrick Evans, has been charged with federal crimes.
West Virginia Governor, Jim Justice, also made the announcement during his coronavirus briefing
This came across, W.Va. delegate Evans charged federally with entering a restricted area, according to Federal Department of Justice.Gov. Jim Justice
According to a criminal complaint from the U.S. District Court for the District of Columbia, Evans is charged with ‘knowingly entering or remaining in any restricted building or grounds without lawful authority’ and “violent entry and disorderly conduct on Capitol grounds”.
He made his first appearance in federal court in Huntington, West Virginia on Friday afternoon, shortly after being taken into custody.
He will have to appear in federal court in Washington D.C. at a later time.
“We’re in. We’re in. Derrick Evans is in the Capitol,” Evans is heard in the video posted on social media Wednesday.
This is a developing story. Refresh this story for updates.
- BREAKING: Man picked up on bond escapes bondsman near Northern Regional Jail, caught 1.5 miles away
- COVID-19 relief package hangs in the balance as lawmakers stay along party lines
- Big Time Sports: Big Ten teams battle for position as Selection Sunday nears
- US carries out airstrikes against Iranian-backed militia facilities in Syria
- Dr. Dave Walker’s Evening Forecast