MORGANTOWN, W.Va. (AP) — West Virginia Gov. Jim Justice has again extended an order closing all bars in Monongalia County for an additional 10 days due to the coronavirus pandemic.
The latest order is effective until Aug. 13. The county includes West Virginia University’s Morgantown campus. Monongalia County has reported at least 900 confirmed virus cases, by far the most in the state.
More than half of the county’s active cases are in the 20 to 29 age group. Statewide, there have been at least 6,850 confirmed virus cases and 117 deaths.
Gov. Justice will give his coronavirus briefing today at 11 AM.
You can watch the briefings on the 7News Facebook page or on WTRF.com.
- Massive sargassum seaweed bloom takes surprising turn
- Tattoo Convention and Dark Carnival coming to West Virginia
- Gas prices could be higher in West Virginia and Ohio after Saudi Arabia says they are slashing oil supply
- West Virginia Renaissance Festival underway
- Pride now a minefield for big companies, but many continue their support