BRADSHAW, W.Va. (AP) — Police in West Virginia are looking for a motorist involved in a hit-and-run accident that killed a 2-year-old boy.
McDowell County Sheriff’s Deputy James Muncy says the child was struck Thursday near the community of Bradshaw.
Details of the accident weren’t released. Muncy says the vehicle, which left the scene, was described as an older model silver SUV, possibly with front-end damage.
The vehicle was heading toward Buchanan County in southwest Virginia.
The sheriff’s department is requesting the public’s help in locating the vehicle and driver.
West Virginia State Police are assisting in the investigation.
- Late surge lifts West Virginia over Oklahoma State
- State capitols boarded up, fenced off, patrolled by troops
- Some in the GOP parrot far-right talk of a coming civil war
- ‘If it wasn’t my job I would have done that for free’: Officer after surviving Capitol mob assault
- Rhode Island doctor accused of ‘recklessly’ exposing patients, staff to COVID-19