POCAHONTAS COUNTY, W.Va. (WOWK) – West Virginia State Police say that trooper was shot and a suspect was killed in an officer-involved shooting in Pocahontas County. On Monday, August 05, 2019 at around 6 PM, Pocahontas County Sheriff J.P. Barlow was shot at by a suspect with a rifle, while investigating a single-vehicle traffic crash.
State Police say numerous law enforcement officers from adjoining counties responded to the scene and began searching a wooded area for the suspect. Trooper First Class J.M. Tallman from the West Virginia State Police Elkins Detachment encountered the suspect in the wooded area and was shot by the suspect in his abdominal area.
State Police say Tallman returned fire and killed the suspect. Tallman was life-flighted to a hospital. West Virginia Police State say that further information will be released as more information becomes available.
- ‘You’re holding half-a-million bucks!’ NFL auctions bring legendary memorabilia onto Big Game Bound
- Linsly’s Marshall Taylor, Athlete of the Week
- Dr. Dave Walker’s Evening Forecast
- Barry Sanders on career without Super Bowl, Mahomes ‘lighting the league up’
- Free seminar prepares families for senior living