MARTINSBURG, W.Va. (AP) — A West Virginia teenager has been sentenced to three to 15 years in prison for a drunken driving accident that killed a teen passenger in his vehicle.
The Journal reports 19-year-old Nicholas James Shackelford, of Inwood, received the maximum possible sentence Friday in Berkeley County Circuit Court.
Shackelford pleaded guilty in October to felony DUI causing death.
The vehicle he was driving overturned on Dec. 31, killing 18-year-old Kristen Barron.
Both Shackelford and Barron were ejected from the vehicle.
- ODOT crews in full force in Eastern Ohio for snow, ice
- Mom says she’s been waiting six months for taste, smell to return after COVID. She’s not alone
- Trump administration carries out 13th and final execution
- If you received unemployment benefits you could owe taxes
- Ohio County is now “orange” on the WV DHHR map