Wheeling, W.Va. (WTRF)- Wheeling Attorney Paul Harris, and a group of small Wheeling businesses (plaintiffs) have filed a lawsuit against West Virginia Governor, (defendant) Jim Justice.
The lawsuit was filed in federal court yesterday afternoon.
The plaintiffs stated that the complaint focuses on first amendment rights and that Gov. Justice has limited large groups outside which is a violation of freedom of assembly.
Harris told 7News that he believes Gov. Justice is making his own laws and that state legislature should have been called to make the laws for the Mountain State.
The complaint was also filed by educators in the region, Harris said, but they were not mentioned in the lawsuit.
You can read the full lawsuit below.
- The Monday blues or gray skies for the last Monday of Oct
- Aaron’s Late Night Update
- Coal giant Robert Murray dies at age 80, days after announcing retirement
- Black and Gold Today Fan of the Week 10/25- Michelle White
- Lights are back on at The Strand Theatre after going dark for 8 months