Charleston, W.Va. (WTRF)- Both the West Virginia Department of Education and the West Virginia Department of Health & Human Resources released updated color-coded maps today (9-18-2020.)
In The Northern Panhandle, both maps remain the same from their last update.
On the DHHR map, Ohio County is still in “gold” advisory with Marshall and Hancock counties sitting in “yellow” advisory and Hancock remains “green.”
On the Department of Education map, Hancock, Brooke, and Ohio counties show up in the “yellow” advisory with Marshall county in “green.”
A large change on the DHHR map shows 3 new counties entering “red” advisory.
Those counties, including Kanawha, which remains “red”, are : Putnam, Fayette, and Mingo.
Monongalia, which remains “orange on the DHHR website, shows in “red” on the Department of Education map.
A new color coded map from the Department of Education will be released at 5 PM tomorrow.
The DHHR map will be released with updated COVID-19 numbers from the Mountain State at 10 AM tomorrow.
- Belmont County Health Dept. reports latest COVID-19 case numbers
- No. 6 WVU women’s soccer hosts No. 11 Kansas for annual Pink Match
- Saturday DHHR County Alert Map will decide Trick or Treat in Marshall County
- COVID-19 outbreak in one nursing home is “alarming” to health department officials
- Wheeling police seeking information on destruction of property case