MARTINSBURG, W.Va. (AP) – A West Virginia mother has admitted to killing one of her children and trying to kill another.
The Berkeley County prosecutor told news outlets that 46-year-old Julie Ann Orellana pleaded guilty Thursday to one count of murder and one count of attempted murder.
The charges came in the 2018 fatal shooting of Orellana’s 8-year-old daughter and the wounding of her 11-year-old daughter.
Court records show police have said that Orellana indicated that she intended to kill both of her children, then take her own life.
The prosecutor said a jury will decide whether Orellana will be eligible for parole when she is sentenced.
- Gov. DeWine unveils education model for reopening schools
- One person dies in Belmont County crash
- Coronavirus in Ohio Tuesday update: 1,095 new cases, 35 additional deaths reported
- Ohio removed from New York’s travel advisory list
- Woman renews license online, gets new ID with picture of empty chair