CHARLESTON, W.Va. (WTRF) – One delegate is still seeking to remove the state tax on social security benefits for all seniors.
Delegate Randy Swartzmiller says he is pleased with efforts made during the past legislative session but there is still work to do.
Thousands of seniors are exempted each year with household income caps.
Therefore, Del. Swartzmiller is introducing a new bill to remove social security caps all together.
If you make $50,000 you’re out. If you make $49,999.99 you’re in. So one penny could be the difference in wether you get in on the exemption or not. So it just wasn’t fairRandy Swartzmiller, West Virginia State Delegate
The legislative session is set for the second week of January.
- University in Ohio developing hearing protection for military dogs
- Woman arrested for DUI after RV gets stuck in Taco Bell drive-thru
- Florida mom, dad, 17-year-old son all battling cancer ask for prayers, Christmas miracle
- WLU hosts 2019 National Club Football Championship
- National Pearl Harbor Remembrance Day