UPDATE 12:00 PM:
According to officials with the Wheeling Fire Department, the scene of that fire is now clear and the fire is out.
It all started just after 2 a.m. On the 100 block of Stone Church Road in a vacant home.
Crews say when they arrived on scene flames were seen coming from the roof and windows.
Firefighters had the fire out in about an hour.
No one was injured.
Firefighters say this is the second vacant home fire they’ve responded to in less than a week.
The cause is under investigation.
WHEELING, W.Va. (WTRF) — Wheeling firefighters are currently clearing the scene of an apparent vacant house fire.
Public information officer Philip Stahl said crews responded to 142 Stone Church Road just after 2 a.m.
When they arrived, flames were visible from the roof and windows.
Firefighters are able to suppress the bulk of the fire in about 60 minutes.
No injuries were reported.
Stay with 7News for updates.
- Glen Dale watches from home as 4th of July Parade rides on
- Pop-up concert fills bouncy-house void at Dimmeydale’s 82nd Annual 4th of July Celebration
- Protesters crash Trump boat rally in Pittsburgh
- Hot dog champs repeat as July 4 gluttony fest moves indoors
- Neil Young ‘not okay’ with Trump playing music at Mount Rushmore event